The Village replaced its water lines, gas lines, streets, curbs, and driveway aprons, and performed substantial upgrades to its storm sewer system, in 2018. Some finish work remains to be completed this spring. Sign up here to receive updates via email and/or text.
Next 7 days (April 20 – April 27)
- Placement and grading of fresh topsoil in previously excavated areas will continue throughout the Village, weather permitting. Topsoil will be deposited into the yard and then hand-raked to grade.
- Adjustment to grade of manholes and water castings located in the streets will begin. This work may cause temporary traffic disruptions; please use caution when driving around construction crews.
Next 14 days (April 20 – May 4)
- Placement and grading of fresh topsoil will continue throughout the Village.
- Adjustment to grade of manholes and water castings will continue.
- Grass seed and mulch will be sprayed over the fresh topsoil, weather permitting.
Next month (April 20 – May 20)
- Restoration of yards and parks will be completed, weather permitting.
- Adjustment to grade of manholes and water castings will be completed.
- Final paving of streets will begin, weather permitting.
- Completion of final punch list items may begin.
General notes on spring construction
- Construction crews will need unhindered access to right of way areas to perform curb repairs and lawn restoration. Please do not park in the street during working hours until construction is completed to ensure that the work is completed as quickly and smoothly as possible, and please ask lawn services and other contractors to avoid street parking as well. No street parking whatsoever will be allowed in the Village while the final paving of streets is being performed.
- Residents may want to repair sprinklers and other underground elements that were damaged last year before the lawn restoration process begins. The fresh topsoil will be hand-raked and we do not anticipate any additional damage to these elements. Please mark sprinkler heads with flags or stakes as a precautionary measure.
- As subcontractors complete their work the window is closing on punch list requests. The current version of the contractor’s punch list is posted under the “Additional information” heading below. Please contact Mayor Eric MacGilvray as soon as possible, and no later than Friday, April 26, if you know of an issue needing attention that is not on the list.
- Please do not disturb stakes or flags that have been placed within the right of way. These markers indicate the location of underground utilities. If markers are removed then the utilities must be re-marked and may be inadvertently damaged, which will delay construction and add to the cost of the project.
- Please do not disturb materials within the right of way, such as manholes, castings, and pipes, and please avoid any piping or tubing that extends up from the ground. Again, damage to these items will delay construction and add to the cost of the project.
Identified landscape elements [pdf] that will be affected by the construction.
Please note that these documents are in a .pdf file format designated by [pdf] following the link. Pdf files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free: Adobe Acrobat Reader.