The Council of the Village of Riverlea met on the above date via Zoom teleconference software. The following Council members were present: Mayor Eric A. MacGilvray, Marc J. Benevento, Scott K. Gordon, Kathy E. McClintock, Ted C. Miller, Leah M. Pyter, and Dan Schlichting. Also present were Joshua C. Mehling, Clerk-Treasurer, Bryce Jacob, Planning Commissioner, L. Leah Reibel, Solicitor, and William P. Charles, Street Commissioner. At 7:02 p.m., the Mayor called the meeting to order.
The minutes of the Council meeting of January 19, 2020 were not read since each member had received a copy. Schlichting moved and Miller seconded the motion that the minutes be approved as submitted by the Clerk-Treasurer. The motion carried (6-0).
Report of the Clerk-Treasurer
Benevento moved and Schlichting seconded the motion to approve the payment of bills and to accept the financial reports for January 2021 as submitted by the Clerk-Treasurer. The motion carried (6-0).
Report of the Mayor
- The Mayor informed Council that shortly before the meeting, he had been informed that the backflow alarm installed in the drainpipe at 212 W. Riverglen had gone off. This may indicate a backup in the sewer main. The Street Commissioner stated that he would contact the homeowners for more information on this.
Report of the Solicitor
- The Solicitor stated that she is working with the Nuisance Committee and had researched ordinances in neighboring municipalities. This would be discussed in the report of the Nuisance Committee later in the meeting.
- The Solicitor stated that the Police contract with the City of Worthington had been signed and executed.
Report of the Street Commissioner
- The Street Commissioner stated that there had been no progress with the lift station generator project.
- The Street Commissioner stated that the damaged storm sewer casting at Dover and Beverly had been replaced and that Decker Construction would be back out in the spring to complete the curb repair.
Report of the Planning Commissioner
There was no report from the Planning Commissioner.
Comments from Residents on Agenda Items
There were no comments from residents on agenda items.
- Committee on Infrastructure
Benevento, the Chair of the Committee, stated that the Committee had not met in February. He stated that the Committee would meet to review the scope of work for the lift station and determine priorities for the year.
- Committee on Communications
- Gordon, the Chair of the Committee, stated that he is working with the Web Manager on the final draft of the Village directory.
- The Chair of the Committee stated that he had spoken with school district representatives and that he hoped that the Village would be able to use the High School to hold meetings again by the fall of 2021.
- Committee on Nuisances
The Solicitor stated that she had researched the ordinances surrounding nuisances in several surrounding municipalities. She said that there is a good deal of variance in these ordinances and that the Committee would have a Zoom meeting to discuss this on Monday, February 22, 2021 at 7 pm
- Web Manager
There was no report from the Web Manager.
- Resolution 2021-02
Resolution 2021-02, A Resolution to Confirm the Appointment of William Charles as Street Commissioner had its second reading.
- Resolution 2021-05
Resolution 2021-05, Resolution Accepting the Amounts and Rates as Determined by the Budget Commission and Authorizing the Necessary Tax Levies and Certifying them to the County Auditor was introduced by Pyter. Pyter moved and Benevento seconded the motion to waive the three readings of the resolution in order to send the resolution to the County Auditor in a timely manner. The motion passed (6-0). Schlichting moved and Benevento seconded the motion to approve the resolution. The motion passed (6-0).
Gordon moved and Benevento seconded the motion to authorize the following expenditures:
- $378.00 – Assured Partners – 2021/22 Crime policy premium
- $300.00 – Vital Records Control – 2021 Records storage
- $75.00 – Ohio Utilities Protection Service – 2021Assessment
- $2,000.00 – Decker Construction – Curb inlet repair
The motion was approved unanimously (6-0).
Comments from Residents on Non-Agenda Items
There were no comments from residents on non-agenda items.
Next Meeting Announcement
The next regular meeting will be Monday, March 15, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom teleconference.
There being no further business, Pyter moved and Miller seconded the motion to adjourn. The motion was approved unanimously (6-0). The meeting was adjourned at 7:32 p.m.
Joshua C. Mehling, Clerk-Treasurer
Eric A. MacGilvray, Mayor