Regular Council Meeting
March 21, 2017
The Council of the Village of Riverlea met on the above date at the Thomas Worthington High School, Worthington. Worthington. The following Council members were present: Mayor Eric A. MacGilvray, Scott K. Gordon, Chad A. Lowe, Kathy McClintock, and Josh Schoenberger. Also present were Joshua C. Mehling, Clerk-Treasurer and L. Leah Reibel, Solicitor. Guests of Council were Kirk McHugh and Greg Ross. At 7:01 pm the Mayor called the meeting to order.
- The minutes of the regular Council meeting of February 21, 2017 were not read since each member had received a copy. Schoenberger moved and Gordon seconded the motion that the minutes be approved as submitted by the Clerk-Treasurer. The motion carried (4-0).
Report of the Clerk–Treasurer
- Schoenberger moved and McClintock seconded the motion to approve the payment of bills and to accept the financial reports for February 2017 as submitted by the Clerk-Treasurer. The motion carried (4-0).
Report of the Mayor
- The Mayor mentioned that he, the Solicitor, the Street Commissioner, and Jim Dippel of Burgess & Niple had met with the McHughs at 275 Southington to discuss the acquisition of an easement on their property for the installation and maintenance of the new water line. The McHughs were interested to know whether the water line might be moved to the other side of the road. They also stated that the addition of the easement could add complications to the planned sale of their home. Given these concerns, Burgess & Niple had submitted an alternate set of plans that did not include the easement to the City of Columbus and were waiting on the decision from the City.
Report of the Solicitor
- The Solicitor stated that the Village had responded to a records request from American Transparency, who had requested the 2016 compensation for all Village Officials. She also stated that she had done some research on the ordinances of surrounding municipalities regarding sump pumps. Generally, these require that sump pumps cannot drain into the sanitary sewer system, though Gahanna’s ordinance goes a bit further in requiring that they must drain in a way that does not cause ice dams or other problems.
Report of the Street Commissioner
- There was no additional report from the Street Commissioner.
Report of the Planning Commissioner
- There was no report from the Planning Commissioner.
Report of the Web Manager
- There was no report from the Web Manager.
Comments from Residents on Agenda Items
Committee on Infrastructure
- The Chair of the Infrastructure Committee was not in attendance. Greg Ross, who is on the Committee, stated that they planned on meeting in April to discuss the latest plans.
Committee on Communications
- Schoenberger reported that the Committee had met and that they were waiting to hear from Slemmer as to whether it might be possible for Riverlea to use an electronic notification system similar to the one used in the Village of Marble Cliff, in light of the importance of communicating with residents during the upcoming Infrastructure construction process. In the meantime, the Committee is moving forward with plans to distribute door hangers requesting that residents submit their contact information.
Resolution 2017-02, A Resolution to Confirm the Appointment of William Charles as Street Commissioner had its third reading. Schoenberger moved and McClintock seconded the motion to approve the resolution. The motion carried (4-0).
- There was no new business to discuss.
ExpensesThere were no expenses to be approved.
Comments from Residents on Non–Agenda Items
Next Meeting Announcement
ERIC A. MACGILVRAY, MAYOR
JOSHUA C. MEHLING, CLERK OF COUNCIL