Architectural Review Board (ARB) meetings are held on the second Monday each month at 7:00 pm, pending the need to meet. The ARB does not do building inspection, only architectural review and zoning compliance. All Village residents are welcome and encouraged to attend the meetings.
Meeting Highlights: September 14, 2015
A meeting of the Village of Riverlea Planning Commission was held September 14, 2015 at Evening Street Elementary School. Members present were Carolee Noonan (Planning Commissioner), Janet Brown, Robert Davis, and Bryce Jacob. Also present were Alice and James Favret, Tim Young, and Renee Shannon. Joshua C. Mehling served as Clerk. The Planning Commissioner called the meeting to order at 7:00
- The minutes of the Planning Commission meeting of June 8, 2015 were not read since each member had received a copy. Davis moved and Brown seconded the motion that the minutes be approved as submitted by the Clerk. The motion carried 4-0.
- The Planning Commissioner mentioned that she had reviewed the final drawings from Christen Coyle and Jason Holton at 120 W Riverglen Dr and that there was no variance from the original drawings that had been submitted, so she approved the Certificate of Appropriateness.
- The Planning Commissioner mentioned that the list of ordinances had been updated on the website, if anyone wanted to review them.
- The Planning Commissioner confirmed that future Planning Commission meetings would be held in the Art Room at Evening Street Elementary School through the end of the school year in May.
- An application for a Certificate of Appropriateness by Tim Young at 276 W Southngton to remove and replace the existing patio and add a pergola and walkway. The patio and walkway will be red brick to match the front walkway. There will be no lot coverage issues with this project. A street bond will not be required, as only small equipment will be used. Brown moved and Davis seconded the motion to approve the request for certificate of appropriateness. The following vote was recorded on the motion: Yea: 4, Brown, Davis, Noonan, and Jacob: Nay, None. The Motion carried 4-0.
- An application for a Certificate of Appropriateness by James and Alice Favret at 120 Riverglen Dr to replace the current tile roof with asphalt shingles and to replace the current copper gutters with aluminum. Mr Favret stated that they would be using shingles for the replacement as it would be cost prohibitive to replace them with tiles. The shingle roof will have the same color and dimensions as the tile roof. Renee Shannon, a neighbor, stated that she would prefer that the tiles remain but understood why the Favrets were making the change. Jacob asked if the Favrets had considered restoring the current tiles and they confirmed that they had done this and that it was cost prohibitive. Davis moved and Surface seconded the motion to approve the request for certificate of appropriateness. The following vote was recorded on the motion: Yea: 4, Brown, Davis, Noonan, and Jacob: Nay, None. The Motion carried 4-0. A street bond will be required.
The Commission took no additional action. Jacob moved and Brown seconded a motion to adjourn. The motion was approved unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 7:16 pm.
Carolea Noonan, Planning Commissioner
Josh Mehling, Clerk