Village Council Resolution No. 2015-01
A RESOLUTION TO ADOPT RULES OF COUNCIL FOR 2015 AND TO PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL MATTERS
Introduced by Jones WHEREAS, Council desires to establish the location of its Regular Meetings for 2015 and for January of 2016, to provide a method for members of the press and public to obtain notices of its meetings and of the matters to be considered thereat, and to establish Rules for the conduct of its meetings;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE VILLAGE OF RIVERLEA, OHIO, A MAJORITY OF ALL MEMBERS THEREOF CONCURRING, THAT:
Section 1. Location of Meetings.
- The Regular Meetings of the Council of the Village of Riverlea during 2015 and January 2016 shall be held at the following locations on the following dates, provided that the date and location of any meeting may be changed as provided in the Rules of Council attached hereto:
January 26, 2015
February 17, 2015
March 16, 2015
April 20, 2015
May 18, 2015
June 15, 2015
August 17, 2015
September 21, 2015
October 19, 2015
November 16, 2015
December 21, 2015
January 19, 2016Location
Thomas Worthington High School
300 West Granville Road
- The date, time or place of a Regular Meeting may be re-scheduled as provided in the Rules of Council. The Clerk-Treasurer shall post upon the bulletin boards maintained by the Village for that purpose, in the five most public places in the Village as determined in this Resolution, written notice that shows the date, time and location of every Regular meeting of Village Council and the date, time, location and purpose of every Special Meeting of Council.
- Regular Meetings, Special Meetings or Emergency Meetings of the Village Council shall be conducted within the territorial limits of the Village of Riverlea, within the territorial limits of the City of Worthington or within the territorial limits of Sharon Township, whether or not located within another municipality. Council of the Village of Riverlea specifically finds that the conduct of meetings of Village Council outside the territorial limits of the Village of Riverlea, but within the areas identified above, will promote the public welfare by permitting better public access to and participation in the meetings of Council.
Section 2. Notice of Meetings or of the Subject of Meetings. The Clerk-Treasurer shall give by mail or by other reasonable means notice that shows the date, time and location of every Regular meeting of Village Council and the date, time, location and purpose of every Special Meeting of Council to any person who requests the same.
Section 3. Adoption of Rules. Council hereby adopts for the conduct of its meetings the Rules of Council attached hereto as Exhibit A. Such Rules shall continue in force until amended or rescinded by further action of Council.
Section 4. That pursuant to the provisions of Section 731.25, Ohio Revised Code, the Council of the Village of Riverlea hereby determines that publication of this Resolution in a newspaper is unnecessary and does hereby determine that this Resolution shall be published by posting copies thereof in the five following places which are determined to be the five most public places in the Village of Riverlea, Ohio:
- The Circle on West Riverglen Drive.
- The Ravine Park on West Riverglen Drive.
- The Northwest corner of Beverly Place and Dover Court.
- Lot 75 on West Riverglen Drive.
- Lot 7 on West Southington Avenue
Copies of this Resolution shall be posted continuously in the above-mentioned places for a period of fifteen (15) days and at the expiration thereof this Resolution shall become effective.
WHEREUPON, this Resolution was adopted this 26th day of January 2015.
KIRK MCHUGH, PRESIDENT OF COUNCIL
Joshua C. Mehling, Clerk-Treasurer
I hereby certify that on the 26th day of January 2015, I posted a copy of the above Resolution in each of the five places heretofore designated by Council as the most public places in the Village of Riverlea and that the same remained there posted continuously for fifteen (15) days.
Joshua C. Mehling, Clerk-Treasurer