Village Council Resolution No. 2017-01
A Resolution To Adopt Rules Of Council For 2017 And To Provide For Certain Other Organizational Matters
Introduced by Lowe
WHEREAS, Council desires to establish the location of its Regular Meetings for 2017 and for January of 2017, to provide a method for members of the press and public to obtain notices of its meetings and of the matters to be considered thereat, and to establish Rules for the conduct of its meetings;
Now, Therefore, Be It Resolved By The Council Of The Village Of Riverlea, Ohio, A Majority Of All Members Thereof Concurring, That:
Section 1. Location of Meetings.
- The Regular Meetings of the Council of the Village of Riverlea during 2017 and January 2018 shall be held at the following locations on the following dates, provided that the date and location of any meeting may be changed as provided in the Rules of Council attached hereto:
January 17, 2017
February 21, 2017
March 20 2017
April 17, 2017
May 15, 2017
June 19, 2017
August 21, 2017
September 18, 2017
October 16, 2017
November 20, 2017
December 18, 2017
January 16, 2018Location
Thomas Worthington High School
300 West Granville Road
- The date, time or place of a Regular Meeting may be re-scheduled as provided in the Rules of Council. The Clerk-Treasurer shall post upon the bulletin boards maintained by the Village for that purpose, in the five most public places in the Village as determined in this Resolution, written notice that shows the date, time and location of every Regular meeting of Village Council and the date, time, location and purpose of every Special Meeting of Council.
- Regular Meetings, Special Meetings or Emergency Meetings of the Village Council shall be conducted within the territorial limits of the Village of Riverlea, within the territorial limits of the City of Worthington or within the territorial limits of Sharon Township, whether or not located within another municipality. Council of the Village of Riverlea specifically finds that the conduct of meetings of Village Council outside the territorial limits of the Village of Riverlea, but within the areas identified above, will promote the public welfare by permitting better public access to and participation in the meetings of Council.
Section 2. Notice of Meetings or of the Subject of Meetings. The Clerk-Treasurer shall give by mail or by other reasonable means notice that shows the date, time and location of every Regular meeting of Village Council and the date, time, location and purpose of every Special Meeting of Council to any person who requests the same.
Section 3. Adoption of Rules. Council hereby adopts for the conduct of its meetings the Rules of Council attached hereto as Exhibit A. Such Rules shall continue in force until amended or rescinded by further action of Council.
Section 4. That pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 731.25, the Council of the Village of Riverlea hereby determines that publication of this Ordinance in a newspaper is unnecessary and does hereby determine that this Ordinance, or a summary of this Ordinance, shall be published by posting copies of this Ordinance or a summary hereof in the five following places which are determined to be the five most public places in the Village of Riverlea, Ohio:
- The Circle on West Riverglen Drive.
- The Ravine Park on West Riverglen Drive.
- The Northwest corner of Beverly Place and Dover Court.
- Lot 75 on West Riverglen Drive.
- Lot 7 on West Southington Avenue.
Passed this 17th day of January, 2017.
Eric MacGilvray, Mayor
Joshua C. Mehling, Clerk-Treasurer
I hereby certify that on the 17th day of January 2017, I posted a copy of the above Resolution in each of the five places heretofore designated by Council as the most public places in the Village of Riverlea and that the same remained there posted continuously for fifteen (15) days.
Joshua C. Mehling, Clerk-Treasurer